I’ve continued to think on what it means to be more than a conqueror. For me I would like it to mean
1) A meaningful time with my mother. Lucidity would be best. But shared memories, good memories are still good.
2) A gentle death. Not one marked by so much suffering. http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com gives me hope.
3) Grief as one who has hope in Jesus, not as one who does not have hope.
4) Peaceful relationships. Especially with family.
5) A chance to tell my mother every day how much I love her.
The Bible says it this way:
Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
We are more than conquerors because we cannot be separated from His love–not death, not the future, and not LBD. And this is the love I have for my mother. Nothing can separate that love–not even disease.