One thing my loved one bemoaned (daily/hourly) was her inability to carry items from one place to the next with her walker. I had NO IDEA A WALKER TRAY EXISTED when she was using a walker. I would have purchased one had I known. At present my loved one uses a rollator walker so she doesn’t this anymore. But if your loved one has need of a walker tray, let me tell you about this handy invention
Basically a walker tray comes in two similar types. The first kind of walker tray fits over the top of the walker. It’s easy on, easy off. And it comes right over the walker space. It comes in a number of colors which make it fun. But more importantly it has a tray with a place for drinks.
The second kind comes attached to the front. The difference is that it flips forward and makes it easier to clean.
Now to be honest we have not personally owned one of these so giving a proper walker tray review is not going to happen. Instead I’m going to the B review plan and that is to collect the pros and cons from others’ reviews and save you time sifting through them for yourself.
- Has a decent drink holder
- Easy on, Easy off
- Made of a light-weight plastic and is not sturdy
- Doesn’t fit all types of walkers
- Tends to flip and general complaints of instability and teetering
- Very sturdy
- Easy to Remove
- Allows space for walking without bumping into tray
- Has a liner for easy cleaning as it is removable
- Drink holder leaves much to be desired
- For some walkers the tray can bump into the walker release button